Saturday, December 3, 2016

Unfortunate financial hiccup

Regrettably, on November 30th my laptop died.

I'm certain I've had it for at least (if not more than) 5 years. I planned to buy a new one with my tax refund, but my laptop had other plans. Being a writer with various other hobbies, my laptop is somewhat of a livelihood for me. I needed another one straight away.

Thankfully I'm blessed with a computer-savvy dad and brother-in-law, so the experience of choosing a new laptop wasn't stressful. Plus, my brother is going to be amazing and pull off all my old files so I can avoid a company overcharging me for it.

Finance-wise there is good and bad news. The good news is that because I've been working on Step 2, I had enough to cover the expenses. The bad news is that I lost 55.84% of what I had been saving. I'm now at 24.2% of my goal.

I'm not going to lie, it's a depressing setback. I was hoping to start off 2017 budgeting on last month's income but those dreams are no longer possible, especially now that we're in the holiday season.

Yet it's moments like these that remind me of why I'm doing this in the first place. I can't imagine how stressed out I would be had I not a savings to dip into for this emergency. All I can do is keep moving forward and continue to hone my financial know-how. It will get easier as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment